Free School Meals and School Clothing Grant
If your child is in P1 to P5
Free School Meals are offered to ALL pupils in P1 - P5 without the need for parents/carers to submit an application form. However, an application form must be completed if you also require a school clothing grant for your child in P1-P5. Don't forget to submit an application form for Free School Meals for your child when he/she moves into P6 as they will no longer be automatically entitled to Free School Meals.
Free school meals for children in P6 or P7
You can apply for free school meals for your child, as long as you meet the eligibility criterea. Applications can be made at any point during the school year and must be applied for annually.
If your application is successful, it will ensure your child receives free school meals during term time.
Clothing and footwear grant
Parents/Carers in receipt of a qualifying benefit are eligable to apply for an annual school clothing grant towards the cost of your child's clothing and footwear costs. This will depend on whether you meet the eligibility criterea. Applications can be made at any point during the school year and must be applied for annually.
You can claim free school meals and a school clothing grant for your child(ren) if you are receiving:
- Income Support
- Income-based Job Seeker's Allowance
- Any income related element of Employment and Support Allowance
- Child Tax Credit, but not Working Tax Credit, with an income of less than £18,725
- Both Child Tax Credit and Working Tax Credit with an income of up to £8,717
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Universal Credit with a monthly earned income of not more than £726